Find a roofer in Houma, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Houma, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Houma, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.