Find a roofer in Holden, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Holden, LA. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Holden, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Holden
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Holden, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Holden, LA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.