Find a roofer in Harvey, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Harvey, LouisianaRoofing // Louisiana // Harvey
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the best time for roofing work?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Harvey, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Harvey, LA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.