Find a roofer in Harvey, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Harvey, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Harvey
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Harvey, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Harvey, LA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.