Find a roofer in Gramercy, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gramercy, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Gramercy
Roofing Maintenance Services near Gramercy, LA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Gramercy, LA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.