Find a roofer in Franklinton, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Franklinton, LA. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing contractors generally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Franklinton, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Franklinton, LA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.