Find a roofer in Evangeline, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the perfect season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Evangeline, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Evangeline, LA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Evangeline, LA. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.