Find a roofer in Eunice, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Eunice, LA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Eunice, LA, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.