Find a roofer in Empire, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Empire, Louisiana. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Empire, Louisiana
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Empire, Louisiana, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.