Find a roofer in Edgard, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Edgard, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Edgard, LA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Edgard, LA. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.