Find a roofer in Clinton, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the most appropriate time for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Clinton, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Clinton, LA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.