Find a roofer in Chalmette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Chalmette, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Chalmette
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Chalmette, Louisiana
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Chalmette, Louisiana. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.