Find a roofer in Cameron, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Cameron, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Cameron, LA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.