Find a roofer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Baton Rouge, LouisianaRoofing // Louisiana // Baton Rouge
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers typically charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.