Find a roofer in Ball, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Ball, Louisiana. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ball, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Ball
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Ball, Louisiana
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Ball, Louisiana. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.