Find a roofer in Baldwin, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Baldwin, Louisiana. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Baldwin, Louisiana
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Baldwin, Louisiana, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.