Find a roofer in Baldwin, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Baldwin, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Baldwin, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.