Find a roofer in Wellsville, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Wellsville, Kansas
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wellsville, Kansas. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.