Find a roofer in Wathena, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the best season for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Wathena, KS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Wathena, KS. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.