Find a roofer in Wakefield, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Wakefield, Kansas
If you need roofing maintenance services in Wakefield, Kansas, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Wakefield, Kansas. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.