Find a roofer in Valley Falls, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Valley Falls, KS
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Valley Falls, KS, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.