Find a roofer in Valley Center, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Valley Center, Kansas
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Valley Center, Kansas. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.