Find a roofer in Troy, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Troy, KS. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Troy, KS
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Troy, KS, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Troy, KS. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.