Find a roofer in Silver Lake, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Silver Lake, Kansas. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Silver Lake, Kansas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Silver Lake, Kansas. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.