Find a roofer in Shawnee, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Shawnee, KansasHome // Kansas // Shawnee
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Shawnee, Kansas
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Shawnee, Kansas. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.