Find a roofer in Scranton, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate for roof repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Scranton, KS
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Scranton, KS, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.