Find a roofer in Saint George, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Saint George, KS. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Saint George, KS
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Saint George, KS, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Saint George, KS. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.