Find a roofer in Riverton, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Riverton, Kansas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Riverton, Kansas. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.