Find a roofer in Quenemo, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Quenemo, KS
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Quenemo, KS, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.