Find a roofer in Protection, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Protection, KansasHome // Kansas // Protection
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Protection, KS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Protection, KS. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.