Find a roofer in Perry, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Perry, KS
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Perry, KS. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.