Find a roofer in Overbrook, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Overbrook, KS. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Overbrook, KS
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Overbrook, KS, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.