Find a roofer in Osage City, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Osage City, Kansas. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Osage City, Kansas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Osage City, Kansas. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.