Find a roofer in Oneida, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Oneida, KS
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oneida, KS, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.