Find a roofer in Meriden, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Meriden, Kansas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Meriden, Kansas. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.