Find a roofer in Maize, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Maize, Kansas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Maize, Kansas. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Maize, Kansas. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.