Find a roofer in Lecompton, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Lecompton, KS. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lecompton, KansasHome // Kansas // Lecompton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lecompton, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Lecompton, KS. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.