Find a roofer in Leawood, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Leawood, KansasRoofing // Kansas // Leawood
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is best for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Leawood, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Leawood, KS. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.