Find a roofer in Leavenworth, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Leavenworth, KS. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Leavenworth, KS
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Leavenworth, KS. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.