Find a roofer in Lancaster, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lancaster, KS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Lancaster, KS. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Lancaster, KS. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.