Find a roofer in Howard, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Howard, KansasHome // Kansas // Howard
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Howard, KS
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Howard, KS. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.