Find a roofer in Hays, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hays, KansasRoofing // Kansas // Hays
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What do most roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection needed?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Hays, KS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Hays, KS. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.