Find a roofer in Halstead, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Halstead, Kansas. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Halstead, Kansas
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Halstead, Kansas, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.