Find a roofer in Goessel, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Goessel, KS
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Goessel, KS, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.