Find a roofer in Goddard, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Goddard, Kansas. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Goddard, Kansas
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Goddard, Kansas. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.