Find a roofer in Everest, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Everest, KS. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Everest, KS
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Everest, KS, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Everest, KS. Find the right contractor for your house now.