Find a roofer in Eudora, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Eudora, KS. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Eudora, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Eudora, KS. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.