Find a roofer in Elmdale, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elmdale, KansasHome // Kansas // Elmdale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Elmdale, Kansas
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Elmdale, Kansas. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.