Find a roofer in Clifton, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Clifton, Kansas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Clifton, Kansas. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.