Find a roofer in Burr Oak, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Burr Oak, KS. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Burr Oak, KansasHome // Kansas // Burr Oak
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Burr Oak, KS
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burr Oak, KS. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.